Thursday, June 18, 2009

Empowering Yourself Through Entrpreneurship

This has been a good week. God is truly blessing. Last Saturday, I had the honor of speaking during my church's Women's Day Anniversary Workshop I spoke on the Topic of Empowering Yourself Through Entrepreneurship. It was quite well received and I seemed to have everyone's attention. When I was done I had several questions from the audience. All in all I was very satisfied that I had inspired and encouraged someone to start the journey of living their dreams. I also offered my assistance to anyone that requests it. As I always say if at the end of the day I can say I helped someone, well it was a good day. Later that day I had my usual interview on Internet Marketers BTR show. Because I had been busy all day I had not had a chance to speak to my scheduled guest, as I usually do. Wouldn't you know that this would be the day when there would e a problem? At any rate my guest did not show up but I was able to save the show by discussing what I had just share with the workshop participants. Then what you know a gentleman I met on BlackWomenConnect called in to the show apologizing for calling in late. Wow, can you imagine that? He said he had made himself a note because he had another meeting but he wanted to be sure to participate in the show. Isn't God awesome? It turned out that he is a writer, who wrote a book of Poetry called Love is..a Beautiful Black Woman. God sent him to save the show. I invited him to return to discuss his book and his struggles in greater detail. All in all it was a great day. I am sharing this to show that when your heart is right, things will work out, even when they don't work out as planned. We need to not be so rigid in our thinking and our desires that we can not figure out how to make the best of whatever situations we find ourselves in in life. Let us remain open to receive the blessings that will be bestowed upon us.

1 comment:

sandye said...

Positively marvelous post! what you mentioned about staying open is key. Some of us are so closed minded that: nothing is able to come through. I heard from a co-worker of mine that: " if your hands are closed, meaning difficult to give, then you better believe that same hand won't allow you to receive either."

Keep bringing it, this is what we all need, words of encouragement and uplifting.

Thank you for blessing my day!
Sandra S.