Thursday, April 16, 2015

Coming From There To Here (Stepping Out On Faith)

Wow, April 16, 2015 already! I never thought I'd be where I am today. The second day of no having to punch a clock and make money fr someone else. Today, it is all about my business. For years I have made money for others while just playing games with myself about taking my own ventures to the next level.

I consider myself a woman of faith, yet I seemed to be stuck, just dabbling in the water instead of taking that plunge. Was it age that gave me pause? When I was younger with small children and so much more to lose, I was bolder, I took chances and I didn't second guess myself or God's plan for me. I wasn't afraid. What happened? I can't claim fear yet I can I not.  When I think of this I am reminded of a story I once heard.

The Drowning Man -

A fellow was stuck on his rooftop in a flood. He was praying to God for help.
Soon a man in a rowboat came by and the fellow shouted to the man on the roof, "Jump in, I can save you."
The stranded fellow shouted back, "No, it's OK, I'm praying to God and he is going to save me."
So the rowboat went on.
Then a motorboat came by. "The fellow in the motorboat shouted, "Jump in, I can save you."
To this the stranded man said, "No thanks, I'm praying to God and he is going to save me. I have faith."
So the motorboat went on.
Then a helicopter came by and the pilot shouted down, "Grab this rope and I will lift you to safety."
To this the stranded man again replied, "No thanks, I'm praying to God and he is going to save me. I have faith."
So the helicopter reluctantly flew away.
Soon the water rose above the rooftop and the man drowned. He went to Heaven. He finally got his chance to discuss this whole situation with God, at which point he exclaimed, "I had faith in you but you didn't save me, you let me drown. I don't understand why!"
To this God replied, "I sent you a rowboat and a motorboat and a helicopter, what more did you expect?"

I had a long talk with myself and then I went to God.  I do not want to be like the drowning man. I have to recognize His help when it arrives. He has given me so many opportunities to do better for myself and my Family. WDGP Radio, Children's World of Music, Simplicity Travel  and so much more..... The out come of Our conversation is what you see now. I am putting "job" on the back burner right now. I am going to focus on my dreams, goals and desires. I am truly on "my" path. I have no one to prove anything to except myself. I am proving that I not only talk the talk but walk the walk. I trust God in all things.

Once I made the decision to let go of the status quo and do a new thing, I got so much confirmation. I have discovered a young woman who is not only as ambitious as I am but thinks just like me. Together we will do big things incorporating the things we love about life. Things like independent music, children, home schooling Black business, and the list goes on.  I have time to work on my non-profit Children's World of Music and I have been asked to partner in some great opportunities. The future looks bright. Thank you Jesus!!

No comments: