Thursday, September 17, 2009

Changing My Song

It seems I am able to keep my spirit up while I'm going through, but I am human and I do have those moments of doubt. Today was one of those days. At lease it was until I opened an email from Joel Osteen. It was titled Change Your Song and referenced

"Unto You, O my Strength, I will sing praises; for God is my Defense, my Fortress, and High Tower, the God Who shows me mercy and steadfast love" (Psalm 59:17, AMP)

Joel went on to say,

Notice, in David's time of need, he wasn't sitting around having a pity party and complaining. He decided to sing about the greatness of God. He was saying in effect, "My enemies may be powerful, but I know my God is all powerful. My obstacles may be high, but I know my God is the Most High." He wasn't talking to God about how big his problems were; he was talking to his problems about how big his God was!

Do you need to change your song today? Instead of complaining and thinking about what you're not, start thanking God for what you are becoming. Just like David, stay in faith and sing to the Lord knowing that He's going to complete what He's started in you.

Even though I was really complaining, just feeling a little down about my situation, this message touched me and I instantly began to thank God for where I am and where He is directing me to go. Guess what, I feel so much better now.

My God is is an Awesome God, yes He is Praise Him!

Even though we know we are well provided for, things and circumstances can get us down. We must praise Him through our circumstance. We have to rise above it all and keep our eyes on the prize.

I hope this note helps you Like Joel's helped me. Hang in there and keep encouraged, The Best Is Yet To Come!

No comments: