Saturday, April 25, 2009

Change

I wonder why we are as a species are so afraid of change. I know that change is not always a positive thing in our eyes, but I think we should strive to change our point of view. It has been my experience that each time a change has occurred in my life, it has actually been a very good thing. I guess today's Blogtalk show got me to thinking about this because the show did not go the way I had planned it but I think it still came out alright in the end, and those who listen to the archived show will have the benefit of something extra since Bruce Black was gracious enough to allow me to interview him after the hour was up. (I won't mention that it was mostly due to his being late. LOL) I hope you'll take a listen here. As I said I think it came out ok and I'd love to get your opinion. Leave a comment on the show page. Thanks. The show wasn't about change actually it was to showcase the talent of some of my network members (visit the network here) Jo Tongo from Camaroon west Africa, who currently resides in France. (how about that, isn't the Internet wonderful?), Bruce Black and Glenn Gordon. In the end Glenn didn't make the show at all and I only hope he's alright since I have still not been able to reach him. He's a very talented Brother and I hope to get him rescheduled soon. Getting back to my thoughts, Yes change can be a good thing and should never be feared. I won't say that I welcome change but I don't fear it either. I like to try new things. When I do I keep hold of the things I enjoy and let the others die a natural death. If I hadn't embraced change I wouldn't be in this positive place in my life. My good friend, Sylver has challenged me to come out of my comfort zone once again. So I will accept this newest challenge because I know nothing beats a failure but a try (more on this new challenge later). I trust God to guide my steps and I am not afraid to move my feet. God has provided us with this big old universe and I feel obliged to explore and conquer as much of it as I can while I am able, so Change...bring it on. I'm ready.

No comments: